Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Step 6: Textures

On watercolor paper, Bristol board, or sketch paper, I used watercolor/gouache/acrylic paints (or a combination of some or all) to create many different types of abstract lines, shapes, and textures. Since I am a traditional painter at heart, this was a wonderful experience for me! I also found various textures on some of my artwork that I found interesting.

Then I scanned these textures into Photoshop and created an “Experimenting.psd” document. This enabled me to work separately from my illustrations to manipulate the colors, if so desired. I imported them into my illustration and experimented with various “Blending Modes” (Multiply, Screen, Overlay, Soft Light, Hard Light, etc.). I began building the layers until I was happy with the result. 




No comments:

Post a Comment