Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Step 1: Storyboarding & Thumbnails


     My cousin, Carolan Coughlin, wrote the story dedicated to her nephew, Colin. I printed a storyboard template page and began the visual development process of drawing in rough sketches to figure out the pacing, compositions, and text placement. Many versions later, I decided to downsize my picture book from the typical 32-page book to 24 pages. During this process I used many reference photos including some of Carolan’s Montana photos, some of my own photos and others found on the Internet to develop my drawings. Sometimes I can collect over 50 images! These inspire me to come up with my own compositions and later I like to use them for color references.

Big River Meadows, Bob Marshall Wilderness, Montana
Kings Canyon National Park

Carolan



No comments:

Post a Comment